The Covid-19 epidemic heavily affected the tourism industry as the borders were closed off and the uncertainty of interstate travel only added to it. Many tourism operators were forced to shut down due to lack of income; however, some of them were not only able to survive but earn good income through excellent business management.
Recognizing the importance of tourism operators, the Malaysian Tourism Council (MTC) has shown its support by organizing the Malaysia Tourism & Business Heroes Award in conjunction with the Malaysia Tourism Gold Summit 2020 to recognize tourism players and products as well as empowering the tourism industry.
Uzaidi Udanis, President of the Malaysian Tourism Council said that the Malaysia Tourism & Business Heroes Award gave deserving recognition to the country’s tourism players and is also an opportunity to develop excellence in the industry.
“This is an opportunity to unite all tourism industry players to do more in ensuring that our tourism industry and businesses will survive. I would like to call on all tourism industry players to unite in rebuilding our country’s tourism sector,” said Uzaidi Udanis.
LIST OF AWARD RECIPIENTS
Malaysia Tourism Hero 2020
- YB. Ustaz Hj Ariffin Deraman – EXCO Pelancongan, Kebudayaan & Teknologi Digital Terengganu
- YBhg. PPJ Bersekutu (PA) Puan Sri To’ Puan Datuk Dr. Shariffa Sabrina Binti Syed Akil – Tanah Aina Eco – Resorts
- Mr. Aesos Lai – I Love KL Souvenir Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Richard Lim – Canopy Villa Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Mazlan Goh Bin Ahmad Goh – NQ Cultural Commercial Sdn Bhd
- Dr. S. Sri Kumar – DHS Hospitality Academy Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Pajan Singh – Chairman, Pahang Mybha Chapter
- En. Fairul Iskandar Faizil De Souza – PB Holidays & Tours Sdn Bhd. Dynamic Engagement – RENTAKA
Malaysia Business Hero 2020
- Mr. Low Han Hooi – Mobile Windscreen Sdn Bhd
- Ms. Lim Kai Chee Mary – Skylin Biotechnology Pte Ltd
- Ms. Wendy Kor Show Chooi – BS Bakery Shop
- Mr. Allen Tey – Fresh Maker Design & Renovation Sdn Bhd
- Dato’ Sri Mohd Sharkar Bin Shamsudin – Chairman of the Tourism, Culture, Plantation Environment and Commodities Committee, Pahang State.
- YBhg. Dato’ Haji Ishak bin Mokhtar – General Manager of TOURISM PAHANG
- Ms. Angelina Wong Siew Fong – Malaysian Chinese Artist
- Ms. Shenni Eng – Wolverine Global Marketing Sdn Bhd
- Ms. Azira Shafinaz Ramlan – Malaysian Singer, Actress, TV Host