YB Senator Dato’ Sri Ti Lian Ker, Deputy Minister of Youth & Sports (KBS) celebrated the official movie premiere of Anak Rimau The Movie (Anak Rimau) – a football-themed film that brings together a line-up of Malaysia’s prominent actors to piece together a hope-fuelled, heart-warming film with a touching storyline that channels family values, hard decisions, integrity, and friendships. The launch of the film is also timely as it brings an inspiring message during Merdeka and is sure to be a favorite among youths – given that FIFA World Cup 2022 is just around the corner.
The film was shot and produced by Keeklr Films in a joint venture collaboration with Majlis Sukan Negara (MSN) and is brought to you by Cyberlynx International College. Not only does the film fall under the leadership of several household producers including Fadzil Manap and directed by Areel Abu Bakar; the movie cast involves some of Malaysia’s prominent actors such as Beto Kusyairy, Idan Aedan, Azhan Rani, and Adam Corrie, along with elites from the Mokhtar Dahari National Football Academy (AMD) and the National Football Development Programme (NFDP).
Anak Rimau The Movie relives the journey of a group of highly talented and skillful teenage boys of diverse backgrounds as they enter the National Football Academy of Malaysia (Anak Rimau Academy). The boys go through many challenges, both individually and as a team, as they face a new chapter in the life of football. Hence, the players must conquer their personal conundrums and team obstacles before even thinking about winning games. The absolute test of self-determination, self-confidence, and pure perseverance is measured through teamwork, family issues, life obstacles, and the race to become the very best in order to win the ASEAN Youth Football Invitation Cup.
Although the film completed most of its shooting in 2019, Covid-19 posed many challenges to the film and has caused an inevitable delay of its premiere to 2022. Despite it all, the Anak Rimau production team persevered with the intention of playing a vital role in reminding Malaysians that no obstacle is too big and that we can overcome any challenges together as one united nation. Apart from this, the film also highlights that good will always come to those who have the faith and courage to hold onto the goodness in themselves and others, just as depicted in its tagline – “bola itu bulat.”
YB Senator Dato’ Sri Ti Lian Ker, Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports (KBS), commended the Anak Rimau production team for their strong determination in filmmaking, saying, “It must have been a great challenge for the cast and crew of Anak Rimau to successfully produce this astounding feature film despite the challenges during the pandemic. The journey towards completing the movie is a strong display of dedication, leadership, and resilience by itself – all of which are also embedded within the key messaging in the Anak Rimau movie to inspire the youths to reach for the stars and bring pride to our beloved country.”
Fadzil Manap, Producer of Anak Rimau The Movie, said, “In this day and age, films occupy a significant portion of media products consumed by the youth that act as a strong means of communication for bringing significant changes in society. As a consequence, how these films are portrayed and the messages it relays have an influence on an individual’s lifestyle, mindset, and perspective on society. Taking this into consideration whilst creating the film, Anak Rimau The Movie aims to not only empower the youth but also act as a powerful medium of education, information, and entertainment which helps individuals in building a strong foundation for social transformation in Malaysia.”
Amongst the many VIP guests that attended to show their utmost support for the youth football feature film include:
- YAM Tengku Arif Bendahara Tengku Muhammad Iskandar Ri’ayatuddin Shah Ibni Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah of Pahang
- YAM Tengku Arif Temenggong Tengku Fahd Mua’adzam Ibni Almarhum Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Al-Musta’in Billah of Pahang
- YM Tengku Dato’ Hishammuddin Zizi bin YAM Tengku Azman Shah Al-haj of Selangor
- YBrs. Encik Syirfan Indra Mitra Surya bin Hussin Deputy Director-General of Production and Technical at the National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (FINAS) on behalf of Professor Dr. Md Nasir Ibrahim, CEO of FINAS
- YBhg. Datuk Santokh Singh Gurdial Singh PMW DSIS AMN, former legendary Malaysian football player
- YBhg. Datuk N. Thanabalan A/L Nadarajah, former legendary Malaysian football player
- YBhg. Dato’ Zainal Abidin Hassan, former national football player & Head Coach of Penang Football Club Sdn. Bhd
- Farah Ann, former Olympic Artistic Gymnast
- Representatives from the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM)
- Representatives from the Malaysian Indian Football Association (MIFA)
- Representatives from the Malaysian Chinese Football Association (MCFA)
Football fans and movie enthusiasts nationwide can enjoy Anak Rimau The Movie beginning 1 September 2022, in conjunction with Merdeka Day, and just ahead of the Fifa World Cup 2022 at cinemas nearest to them. Additionally, the official soundtrack and music video for Anak Rimau The Movie titled “Pentas Dunia” can be streamed on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tQyrq_u5w.
For more information, please visit Anak Rimau’s official Instagram: anakrimau.my, #AnakRimau